How do I create a super group in telegram?
Have you reached the membership limit of telegram and been asked by the message platform to upgrade your group to a super group? Or, perhaps, have you heard of the perks offered by super groups and are interested in starting one yourself? If you want to know about this for more information about the telegraph community, please continue to read our guide.
In this article, we will explain in detail what telegraph supergroups are and how they differ from regular groups. In addition, we will share instructions for creating them and tell you how to promote a regular group to a super group. Finally, we will answer the most common questions related to this topic.
what is a super group on a telegram?
a Super Group on the telegram is a community that allows a higher membership capacity than an ordinary group. It can be used as a news channel, a place to share work updates, a forum, etc. Thanks to the introduction of administrators, such groups are optimized to easily manage large communities. Only administrators can make significant changes to a supergroup. Ordinary users can only delete their own messages. There are more differences between regular groups and super groups in telegram, but they will be described in detail later.
how to create a new super group?
you cannot create a supergroup on the telegram now. Instead, you must create a regular group and later convert it to a super group. Here is how to add a new group and promote it:
1. open the telegraph application and click the blue pencil icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. click new group.
3. click the contact name to add to the group, and then enter the group name.
4. click the check mark in the lower right corner of the screen.
5. click the group name at the top of the screen.
6. click the three-point icon in the upper right corner.
7. from the drop-down menu, select convert to super group.
8. click “convert to super group” again to confirm.
Update group to supergroup
Once your regular group reaches 200 members, you will be asked if you want to update it to a super group. This is what you should do:
1. when the limit of 200 members is reached, navigate to the group management page. To do this, click the group name at the top of the group chat.
2. you will see a prompt informing you that the membership limit has been reached. Click “ update to super group “.
3. this group will be promoted to super group immediately. You do not need to confirm this step.
Note: the creator is set as the super group administrator by default, but you can manually manage the administrator later.
However, you can do the same even if your team has fewer than 200 members. However, you must be the creator to do this. Follow these instructions:
1. in the telegram application, find your group chat and click to open it.
2. click the group name at the top of the screen.
3. click the three-point icon in the upper right corner.
4. from the drop-down menu, select convert to super group.
5. click “convert to super group” again to confirm.
Finally, you can choose the administrator to convert groups of any size to super groups. Here’s how to do this:
In the telegram application, locate your group chat and click to open it.
Click on the group name at the top of the screen.
Click the three-point icon in the upper right corner.
Select set administrator.
Select a contact in the group to make it an administrator. Click the contact name and set permissions.
Click the check mark to confirm.
can a super group be demoted back to a regular group
No, it is not possible to demote a super group to a regular group. Before upgrading, you will be warned not to return to the normal group. Even if you make the supergroup private, it will still be a supergroup.
what is the difference between super group and regular group
So, what is the difference between a group and a super group on the telegraph? The following are the main:
• a common group can hold up to 200 members. A super group has a capacity of 100000 members.
• regular groups are always private. A supergroup can be private or public.
• in the super group, you can set up administrators and their permissions. Ordinary users can only leave messages in the group, but cannot make any changes. In a regular group, each user has equal editing rights except the owner. For example, they can set a group picture or name.
• in a super group, you can search for specific members in the member list. This feature does not exist in the general group.
• in a super group, you can partially ban members rather than completely kick them out.
• you can view the recent actions of each administrator in the super group.
• notifications from super groups are disabled by default.
• super group supports robots.